Wednesday, October 20, 2004

tracert

For those of you who could not make any sense about the subject, its just a command in linux/unix that lets you trace the route to any machine on the internet from your machine.

Well frankly I had no idea what i was trying to name when i was asked for a name for my blog while registering. In fact it left me wondering as to how i got myself into this at all. This in short is the story behind the subject of this mail and the name of my blog.

Now that i seem to have figured out what it is that i have named, i suppose it is only my duty to enlighten anybody else who may wonder what all this is about anyways.

Boarding the same train of thought, it would not be pertinent to keep myself in the shadows, especially when i am throwing so much light around. I am a computer science engineer from the Cochin University of Science and technology. Following a short stint at Tata Consultancy Services and two years at a b-school(SCMHRD, Pune), I now find myself idling away my time at Infosys in a sleepy little port town in Karnataka.

Frankly, I am not much of a writer and this and the days to come would be my maiden attempts at it. As you probably have guessed already, its only after exhausting all other options of keeping myself busy in office that i am venturing into these realms.

It is only with the intention of making this introduction of mine technically "Complete", that I am about to take this post of mine perilously close to the lines of a hindi film script. I am not technology averse. I am totally new to blogging. I enjoy all kinds of music and movies. I read anything that is hot and in the news. Have just read Da Vinci Code. And I am trained in carnatic classical vocal and violin. And love indian food. Thats about it I guess.

I suppose you guessed most of that already, but the Hero has to sing a song and express his love for his heroine to make it a hit Bollywood fillum.

Please do mail me your comments, suggestions et al.
Hoping to churn out as many posts as the box office does films.

Abe oye, khatam nahi hua #$@# ...

to be continued...

Vinod

2 comments:

  1. Yup you do have an implementation of tracert for the windows platform too .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Generally ping, tracert etc are blocked on networks for security reasons.

    ReplyDelete